What must I do to be saved?
How do I become a "saved" and "born-again" Christian?
How can I receive eternal life so that I will be sure to go to be with God in heaven when I die?
- Admit that you are a sinner (wrong-doer). The Bible says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
- Know that God has already provided for your salvation. The Bible says "For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". John 3:16
- Know that you cannot save yourself "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us .." Titus 3:5
- Repent of your sins (wrong-doing) "unless you repent you too will all perish .." Luke 13:3
- Ask Jesus Christ to save you. "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" Romans 10:13 and "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved .." Acts 16:31.
- Proclaim Jesus before others. "If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" Romans 10: 9
You can be "born-again", "saved" right now. You can say a prayer like the following (the exact words are not essential) If you are sincere God will immediately save you and give you everlasting life. A guide to what to pray:
"Dear Father in heaven, I realise that I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that your son Jesus Christ died for my sins (wrong-doings). I repent (turn away from) my sins and ask Jesus Christ to come into my heart and I receive Him into my life as my personal Saviour. I am willing, by God's grace, to follow and obey Jesus Christ as the Lord of my life. Please forgive me for my sins and save me. Thank you Father"
If you have prayed that prayer start by letting someone (another Christian) know you are saved (or email us if you are not sure whether anyone close to you is a born-again Christian) Then ...
- Get a Bible and read it every day to get to know Jesus Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Jesus Christ
- Join a Bible believing Church and get baptised. Fellowship and serve with other Christians in a Church that truly believes the Bible & where Christ is preached.
God has a plan for your life but in order for that plan to be worked out, you must cooperate by surrendering to Him and allowing Him to work in you to do His good pleasure (Phillippians 2:13). Trust Him with your life and you will prove the reality of Ephesians 3:20 "Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us"